The way people shop has changed with the advent of eCommerce. A person can shop for his/her favorite clothes or gadgets sitting in the office or home. eCommerce is now a phenomenon that has forever changed our idea of shopping. The penetration of online stores is so much today that a person sitting in one part of the world can shop for something from an online store thousands of mile away. What has further accelerated the growth of eCommerce is mobile eCommerce. Mobile phones are handy and have more penetration in the market compared to desktops and laptops.
Smartphones are leading this trend as more and more people are accessing Internet using their phones. Mobile website development has thus become a booming industry. Today’s smartphones are well equipped to meet your shopping needs in more ways than you realize. Mcommerce is giving a full scale online store right on their phones complete with all the functions that you have in your eCommerce store. A user can not only check out the offers available on the store but can search for products of their choice, buy them and make payments in a secured manner.
Advantages of Mobile eCommerce to Online Stores
- Wider Reach: The problem with conventional online stores was that they had limited users. Today, more people browse the Internet on their mobiles rather than finding time to sit in front of a desktop and log on to a site. In such a situation, online stores’ becoming available on the mobile too is nothing short of a boon in terms of reaching more people. 134 million people are expected to use mobile devices for Internet by 2013.
- Secure Processing: If you have apprehension that mobile shopping isn’t safe, throw the worry out of the window. Mcommerce provides an extremely secured transaction method on the mobiles ensuring its users that the data will not be encrypted in what-so-ever manner.
- Increases Sales: Not only is the reach wider, but online stores experience an increase in sales too with Mcommerce. According to a survey, about 92% users shop at least once a month on an online store. Imagine if, this is the case just with an online store, what can happen with Mcommerce?
- Works as a Mobile Wallet: You can use your mobile as a virtual wallet without running the risk of pickpockets! Stored in the form of information, a mobile wallet can hold credit cards, debit cards, coupons, loyalty cards etc. and each of the card can be used while performing any transaction. You can check out Google’s mobile wallet to know more about it.
- Mobile Coupons: Online stores are attracting mobile users by issuing mobile coupons which has helped in pulling a lot of people towards Mcommerce. Online stores provide coupon codes through text messages to users which they can redeem while shopping on the online store.
- Direct Link with Mobile Banking: Mobile banking has further facilitated Mcommerce. You can pay immediately at the at the time of buying a product by logging into your bank account all from the mobile.
Mobile website development has not reached a stagnation point yet and this is a good thing for the eCommerce business. Online stores who are still finding a foothold in the market can widen their reach with mobile eCommerce. The future for online shopping is very bright considering the kind of development both websites and mobiles are seeing. It is important that you hire a professional Mobile eCommerce development company, which has expertise in all the major mobile platforms such as BlackBerry, iPhone, Android etc. to give you the maximum exposure in the market.